In The News
Summer Expectations May 26, 2021
Summer Expectations – Our summer workouts and competitions are some of the most important times in our program. Why? These days allow us time to install the foundation of our offensive and defensive philosophies, not to mention the ever-important need to build team chemistry. Here are specific details about different dates you will see in June:
• June 1st & 2nd – These days are labeled as open gym. We will use both days to evaluate players for our Lincoln League (more details below). If you would like a chance to be selected for one of these teams, you need to be in attendance for at least one of these days. Once teams are selected for this league, we will send out a separate email with more information for those individuals.
• June 7th, 14th, 21st &28th Lincoln League – We have two teams (JV and Varsity division) signed up to play in Jeff City every Monday. Each team will play two games each night.
• June 7th-28th “Team Camp Days” – These days are dedicated to the full install of our team foundation. They will look a lot like a general practice; lots of learning, drills, fun, and competition. WE WANT YOU HERE FOR ALL OF THESE (or as many as possible).
• June 18th-19th Quincy Shootout – We have two teams (JV and Varsity division) signed up to play in a shootout at Quincy University. Individuals will be selected for these teams based on camp attendance and experience. This is a highly competitive environment, but one that provides us with more opportunity to build chemistry while playing teams outside of Columbia. Once teams are selected for this shootout, we will send out a separate email with more information for those individuals.
• June 26th-27th COMO Shootout – We host our own shootout every summer. Teams from across the state come to our school to compete. We will have three separate teams in this shootout. This event also helps us raise money for our program, so be on the lookout for more information on how you (parents) can help us.